Wednesday, December 2, 2015

ANOTHER ADVERTISING GIMMICK


I really should stay out of pet stores. I see products that make me want to slit my wrists because I know they are popular, but they are so misleading to the pet owner! Dribble some shizzle on that kibble? I'm not sure of the definition of shizzle, but I don't think it's a good thing. This product is touted as a cute way to add vitamins and minerals to the diet. Two problems: if you are feeding a complete and balanced diet, you shouldn't need to add more vitamins and minerals. And if your ARE going to add supplemental vitamins and minerals, please add high quality ingredients. I would consider the chemical soup in this product to be of low quality, including ingredients whose safety have been questioned for years, like sodium selenite, potassium sorbate, tricalcium phosphate, and maltodextrin - yup, that's sugar. The amounts of omega 3 fatty acid and glucosamine are negligible, so you are not providing a useful joint or coat supplement. If you are using this to balance a home cooked diet, the calcium levels are far too low. If you have a dog with allergies, I would definitely steer clear. Please don't be fooled by cute advertising gimmicks. My rating on this product - 1 star (most websites don't allow you to use zero stars).

No comments:

Post a Comment